Sunday, September 1, 2013

I think I'm ready

Good evening everybody!...I learned last year that September is National Sewing Month but I didn't feel the need to "participate" in the festivities my fellow seamstresses and tailors sometime do...But this year I actually waited for this month and wanted to sew up stuff and blog about it...Now I don't want to be overwhelming with my blog posts but I am going to try and sew through this month with something I whipped up or information I researched about sewing every day...I guess I will get around to making the things I always say I'll make but never do....
I'm already behind a day though, I didn't get to make anything today!...I actually just got home an hour ago.....I was at the stores getting the usual house stuff; toothpaste, washing soap, etc....Annnnddd I picked up a new iron...its just a modest, frugal Black and Decker iron that I know I'll have until it goes out like the other one (I may have helped it on its way by knocking it off the table so many times)....I like the color too, its lime green and white!...my huny picked it out; and I know I've mentioned before that he likes to take over my activities at times....I also grabbed a new glue gun just because it had pretty flowers on it!....there is nothing wrong with my glue gun I have now; but I still had to have that one...there is a difference between the two I noticed...my old one is a "high-temp" and my new one is a "low-temp"...I guess I needed it lol!....Grabbed a couple of spools of threads also; Black and White...it seems like I always need those....and they were a $1.00.....I didn't want any fabric though, and THAT'S a first!!!!!...I just didn't see any that I grabbed me.....I wasn't at my usual store either so that may have been why I just didn't see anything I really liked or wanted....
I may still get in my sewing room this evening; I'm looking at the time right now and its not too late to make a little something...I already have a top cut out.....
Well I just wanted to make sure I posted a little something on the first day of National Sewing Month....September just got a little sweeter; it was already sweet because my babygirl's birthday is in this month too!...She wants a peplum shirt; she'll probably get it for her birthday...I can blog that day about her and her new shirt!....Awwww sweet sewing September.....(hearts and smiles)
~~MsKRS~~

My new Black and Decker beauty...she's all ready to start pressin'....


My glue guns....see why I had to get the new one?...its just so cute!

I had to share this one again (details on last post) because I love it and its National Sewing Month and this is the latest thing I've sewn! <~~~~(run-on sentence wrongness)....I'm going to press the seams, hem, and neckline with my new iron before I hang it up...

No comments:

Post a Comment