Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Retro Butterick + an emergency + some "ugly" fabric

Good afternoon good people!....I hope all is well with you all.....I've made my first shirt!... I wont call it a top because it has buttons and a collar!...For the 4th day into National Sewing Month I whipped up retro Butterick pattern #3768, View C....the pattern was introduced in 1986; which coincidentally the same year that then president Ronald Reagan declared that September was thee month for us sewing folks....I didn't plan that; life it just awesome like that sometimes....
Anyway, I bought a yard of this fabric from (my favorite place) Hancock's online...Now when I saw the fabric I thought was totally different....when it came I said to myself, "well, first time for everything, I have bought my first piece of ugly fabric!".....in the fabric's defense, I was looking at it on the wrong side and I didn't at all notice that it had lotus flowers all over it!...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, lotus flowers and would have never said my new fabric was "ugly" if I had noticed...the colors were a little darker than I anticipated but its right on time for the season change...(there's life being awesome again)....
I must get my rave on once again about my modest little machine...it is really, really cool...I knew my machine was cool but it just keeps doing more and more awesome stuff!!!!!...A while ago I discovered it could do serger stitches...then I learned how to do a rolled hem...then today it just effortlessly installs 6 buttons and buttonholes on my new shirt!!!!!....I finally got to dig into all those vintage buttons I own....My machine has a buncha "happy feet" and they work wonders...Man oh man I love this little machine...if anything ever happens to it I will definitely get it fixed up before I decided to buy another one....I love it so....
My skills are so improving; its trippy...Sewing is so dimensional and I love it more and more everyday...even my jacked up projects lol...I can now do a whole lot of stuff with no instruction such as collars and interfacing...things are no longer holding me up from finishing my project or confusing me to no end....My sewing know-how saves my arse all the time too...I had a sewing emergency while making this shirt....I was busy pressing the seams on my new floral shirt when my new iron feels the need to burn a hole in it...(I still love my iron too though)...oh hell no!...so my fussy cutting and applique know-how saved my shirt and added a super cool design element even my huny even noticed and said was "TIGHT"!....I just said with probably too much pride "Your girlfriend is a designer"....(smile)...I shortened the pattern a couple inches but next time I make this shirt I wont do that....after I finished it I kinda wanted it a little longer...but I still love it, a lot....I need to go shopping for gold accent jewelry to really make it pop....Well let me show you my new shiggity-shirt....its really cool...well it is in my opinion....
~~MsKRS~~

Retro Butterick beauties....


My emergency applique job....see the lotus flower I put on the side?...pretttttyyyyyyy!

Side view of my super cool new shirt....yeah baby! (in my Austin Powers voice)

Back view....

Yepppp...you have to see those buttons and that collar...My skills though...my OG skills though...;)
 
Collar and buttons again....Yesssssss

 

No comments:

Post a Comment