Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Old sweater = New cardigan

Good afternoon!...I hope everybody is feeling cool....the sewing bug was biting last night but I didn't feel like getting any patterns out...I have a window A/C unit in my sewing room (thanks to my huny smh) and its quite annoying when trying to sew something serious (blows everything like totally away)...but I had it on because for some reason the upstairs was extra stuffy yesterday evening...its always a little warmer than the rest of the house but yesterday it was too much...and when the iron is on, it makes it even hotter....still determined to sew, I started thumbing through my sewing mags and whadaya know?...I found thee perfect project AND it totally matched my latest obsession....
Now what is latest obsession you ask?...well, its the cardigan!....not just any old plain cardigan; but the little cute ones that can be paired with pencil skirts and everything else as a cute addition to the outfit...I found the sweater refashion in one of my Sew It All magazines....Yep, Sew It All to the rescue again and right on time....Pinterest also strikes again with all their pretty outfits that seem to be topped off my really cool jackets and sweaters....the cardigan being one of 'em....
I already have a new obsession; which will probably be one of my next projects...I'll give you a clue what it is....I'll be Super MsKRS when I wear it! (wink-wink).....
The refashion was so easy, it only required a sweater and a fat quarter!...I didn't want buttons down the entire front so I only added 4.....I will be on the lookout for more sweaters next time I go thrifting...I definitely need more of these babies!...the sweater I used for my project had been in my closet for a while; I bought it from Old Navy a few years back....and I was NOT going to wear it this year but with its makeover, its right on back in the game!...Another cool perk of sewing; instead of throwing your "old" clothes out you can refashion them into something cute!...
Ahhhhhh  I LOVE SEWING.....Pictures now yall, I'm already thinking of something else to talk about! Talk to you good people soon!
~~MsKRS~~

Before the transformation...Now I really liked this sweater when I first got it but I got tired of it and didn't want to wear it anymore...What made me grab it up in the first place were the little brown specks in it...the sweater is cool though; just got a little too "played out" for me....

totally cute now huh?...I just love it!


The back....Yep!


This is Volume 2....

No comments:

Post a Comment