Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Peachy, just peachy

Good afternoon everybody!...Now y'all know what I'm doing by now; waiting on Judge Judy to come on and thinking and living sewing...My huny and I noticed that we ran out of bottled waters (our water has floaties in it blehhhhh) so we made an impromptu trip to the grocery store...Of course he got his usual Red Box movie that he has yet to watch (I don't know why that Red Box attracts him so) and I went over to grab a couple of pieces of fresh fruit....I was originally going to grab some Black plums because they were so tasty when I got some a few weeks ago....and everybody knows its now apple season so I was going to grab a couple of those too...Am I the only one that sees apples and instantly think "Apple Crisp"?...well as soon as I got to looking around at all the fruit I wanted something baked....Then I see some peaches....hmmmm peaches always = peach cobbler so I settled on those...Grown folks usually have all the rest of the stuff at home to make peach cobbler so I only needed peaches....In a minute, if the Lord says the same I will have the peaches on my tree at my beautiful country home....(a girl can dream can't she?).....well the dream ain't too far-fetched because we had every tree in the book when we were kids...even a White peach tree, a walnut tree, and grape vines!....so I may just get my wish...**fingers crossed**...don't even get me started on how all me and all my cousins used to stalk the loquat tree!...
The cobbler is in the oven right now; it should be almost done....I have my Mama's recipe in my mind so I just went to work....I peeled and sliced up the peaches and made up the batter...Now some may say batter? what batter?...well if you don't know, I'll enlighten you real quick like...There are TWO kinds of peach cobbler....One with a doughy, bready kind of crust and one with a flaky crust....Well since I am my Mama's babygirl and I like the doughy, bready one, that's the one she made for me...although the woman could make any crust, any damn thing for that matter taste exceptionally good....her flaky crust she just saved for other pies such as her famous Sweet Potato pie which I have in my brain matter as well....I basically like sweet bread/crust so she made that the feature of the cobbler when she made it...I don't really like soft fruit so she would go easy on the fruit too...I would run outside and pick the peaches; those were thee BEST peaches I have ever had from then 'til now....they were so huge and sweet....I would eat damn near all the peach slices before she could get 'em in the cobbler!...I sure do miss her....and that is possibly the biggest understatement in the world.....The one that had the more bready consistency was easier than the flaky crusted one; because the flaky crust has to be rolled out....I used to like looking through the stove window and seeing the doughy one rise up over the peaches (I just went and looked at mine); I thought that was so cool......
There's not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for the parents I had....they taught me so much about life and being who I am supposed to be....I'm grateful man, I'm truly grateful....
I only took a few pics; if you want to know more about how to bake it up just let me know!
Now if I could just make my Bigmama's famous tea cakes I would be really winning.....
~~MsKRS~~

The Tootsie Roll tin has sugar in it...I love vintage tins; like a lot....


sliced peaches...I ate quite a few....

sweetened up with sugar and ready to be baked....

 

See the bready crust!!!!????  it needs to hurry up and cool off....
this baby will be paired with French Vanilla ice cream....You want a piece now huh?...;)
 
sooooo good!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment