Monday, September 2, 2013

McCall's calls again

Good afternoon my good people!...As I said, I'm really going to try and whip up something cool everyday this month...if not, I am going to post about something sewing related...I just loves and loves sewing (smile)....This time around it was the top I was meaning to make right before I whipped up my last dress...It is McCall's pattern #M6562 View D.....I really liked the pattern when I saw it because it has five views...but I probably will never make view B and C just because I don't care for them....Views A, D, and E will get a lot of use though I'm sure....
I modified this pattern quite a bit...I omitted the lining because frankly its just too warm around these parts for anything "lined"...its still in the high 90's and it always has potential to reach the 100 degree mark....I also omitted the zipper because I didn't have one in a color to match and I didn't feel like shortening a longer zipper I could have used for something else...so I just left it out....I used some fabrics I had in my stash....I initially wanted the sleeve to be Black lace but I didn't have enough lace...damn...I needed like two more inches of lace and it would have been perfect...oh well, there's always next time....This was also a bias cut pattern (my first one) so the shirt is stretchy, which is always good! (laugh, go on, you know you want to)....
I am also officially a part of the Happy Black Girl team; being introduced just today as the new weekly DIY go-to person for the site!...Can we say COOL?....WE CAN.......
Well let me share the flicks of my new top and a link to my introduction into the HBG get down....
~~MsKRS~~

Click the link below to see my introduction as the newest contributor to the Happy Black Girl team!...DIY = MsKRS = HBG...Check out the site, "like" us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, just be down with the cause....
http://thehappyblackgirl.com/2013/09/02/meet-pink-stitches/






No comments:

Post a Comment