Sunday, September 22, 2013

MY new jacket

Good afternoon folks!...I'm watching Mrs. Doubtfire and trying to shake this dumb arse cough my huny shared with me....Of course now he is back to normal while I sound like I'm coughing for dear life....I'm all right though...just had to complain a little...I woke up with a fever feeling horrible and it started raining...yuck...I guess the season change is upon us....I'll be glad when it changes back...Spring and Summer are mine....Fall and Winter are so NOT...
Now that cloudburst yesterday forced me to think of new outerwear for myself....Even though I felt like I had been through the ringer I managed to get in my sewing room and make myself a super cute jacket (with the help of two extra strength aspirin)....I kept starting and stopping because I felt horrible yesterday but it did finally get done....and I LOVE it....
I used some wool blend fabric, I don't know exactly what it is but y'all know by now I got it from Hancock's Fabrics like usual....I was going to make a blazer originally but the fabric had other plans like it often does....The jacket is a pattern from my new book again; chic & simple Sewing....and its simply called "the Jacket"......That Christine Haynes has some nice patterns that can be modified to fit any one's taste...As I mentioned before, her patterns don't include tedious things like buttons/buttonholes and zippers...but if you want them, there is nothing stopping you if you want to add them....As a matter of fact, the next jacket I make will have two or three big buttons on the front; just because I want them there....this go 'round I also used the selvage edge on the tie belt; I liked the selvage and didn't want to throw it away...(this is the second time I've used a cool selvage)....They aren't usually that cool but sometimes they just are....I also used navy blue bias tape (vintage bias tape) because I assume I'll be wearing this jacket with jeans a lot and wanted a little subtle color.....Well, I'll share my photos now, I'm starting to hack again....ugghhh....
Talk to you good people soon!
~~MsKRS~~







No comments:

Post a Comment