Saturday, August 31, 2013

Too much going on + still there's Butterick

Howdy good folks, good evening to you all!.....Ive been through a bit much in the week or so and it has left me feeling a little "off"....First "off", me and my huny were on our way to the outlets in Gilroy and then on to San Francisco to his Mom's place....While we are on our way a drunk driver slams in the back of our car really, really, hard...His ignorant arse even tried to take off after he did it....Needless to say we chased him down and MADE him pull over...Get this though, an off-duty police officer saw the entire thing and pulled over with us when we made the drunk guy pull over...Other officers got there and arrested the guy and that was it...I didn't even want to look at our car but when I did I was surprised that it wasn't bashed in...there was actually very minimal damage to our car although it felt like we were hit pretty good...Our insurance is going to take care of the damage and all is well...except I have felt shaken up ever since (it was three days ago).....I'm just glad that's over...*shaking my head is disbelief and irritation*
A few other little things have been going too like my iron going out in the middle of making a dress but lucky for my dress is knit so it was fine...I'll be iron shopping tomorrow... But these issues aren't life-threatening like a drunk driver so I wont talk about 'em too much...Just know that I'm feeling drained...But not drained enough that I don't want to sew...Although I had hardly any energy I "managed" to get to Hancock's the other day while their patterns were on sale (smile)...I got 6 new ones and I believe I may even have found my "go-to" shirt pattern....
Out of that pile I decided on Butterick pattern # B5815 View C to start out with...I had a whole other top pattern I had been working on before I got the new patterns but I put it up for later and whipped up one of my new ones...This is my kind pattern too...it only had 4 pattern pieces!!!!!....It came together fast too....I know I will be making this dress again...even during the cooler months....
I whipped it up out of some fabric I bought from JoAnn's....Now I don't care for JoAnn's; like at all...its just not personable enough for me but I got an email from them that had a 50% off coupon that I could have used for one cut of fabric...Notice the words "could have"...The fabric was supposedly already on sale so that made my coupon unusable for that sale...THAT is just one more reason why I don't like going to JoAnn's....If I was at Hancock's I could use any discount they have except for the one reserved for the more mature ladies...but anyway, my dress came out just lovely and I'm grateful for that...I really do like the fabric too...
Well I'll share the photos now...
~~MsKRS~~
Front shot of my new dress

I tried to show the sleeve...its so pretty; it will show better when I wear it which is soon...


Pretty pattern : Butterick's B2515...I don't care for View B (the pink tunic shirt) for some reason...I'm sure I'll be making View A though...its just so pretty...I have a similar skirt pattern too...I may just recreate that outfit....

No comments:

Post a Comment