Thursday, September 19, 2013

Stylish + Simple

Good afternoon everybody!...How's it going?...Me, of course I've been sewing my little heart out....Matter of fact, I just put the hem on a new dress of mine with my trusty hemming foot...that thing is friggin' awesome!!..and the slinky fabric I used was perfect...it doesn't work all that well with the thicker fabrics and IMO (in my opinion) it shouldn't be used unless the fabric is on the thinner side....
Now remember my post about my new sewing book?....well I decided to sew something out of it last night (of course in the middle of the night)....Let me tell you a little bit about the book....its written by Christine Haynes (a fellow "Chris") and its called "chic & simple SEWING"....it has full-sized patterns in it and let me tell you....THIS BOOK IS COOL!....my huny hit pay dirt when he copped this one for me....I absolutely love it...Her patterns stray away from zippers and other tedious installations which is right up my alley.....That's why I initially grabbed the book instead of going through my pattern drawer for a new dress...I wanted to sew but I didn't feel like going at zippers, buttons/buttonholes, hook and eyes, etc....I just wanted a new addition to my dress family....basically I wanted the almost instant gratification thing....my new book to the rescue!...I flipped through the pages and finally decided on "the Date Dress"....now I'm not dating anyone (been in a relationship for almost 5 years now) but whoever is, may wanna whip this one up....its super cute AND comfortable at the same time...that is what all ladies need on a date...to look purty and be able to finish their food without feeling and/or looking like a sausage stuffed in a casing! (go ahead, laugh, its true for us folks that don't run unless something is chasing us!)...
The dress came together really fast although I believe I made my straps too long...I may leave them that way or shorten them....at this point, they don't bother me, but they may start to if I wear a jacket with the dress...the dress also took less than two yards of fabric which is always a plus...I may look for some brown and cream fabric to make another one; like the dress on the cover....I like that color combo...and just in time for the season change...I'll have to line the next one though, just for warmth....overall, I'm happy with my dress!...and I'm seriously considering sewing everything in this book....everything....yep, its that cool!....I only have a couple flicks this go 'round but I'll be sewing something else probably this evening......talk to you good people soon!
~~MsKRS~~




No comments:

Post a Comment