Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring refashions + my Vogue Sewing book

Good morning!...its 1 am on the dot right now and of course I decided I should write a blog post instead of getting some sleep...its either write this post or go and sew something...I opted to write this post because I of course I have been sewing for most of the day already....I cant seem to throw anything away nowadays; I always seem to have an idea about what I can do with it...This thinking lead me to start on some refashioning projects I have been aiming to get started on....I also had a super cool mail day earlier this week with my new Vogue Sewing revised and updated sewing book arriving at my door...While reading it I came across a garment called a "4-gore" skirt...I used the book's instructions to crate a super cool skirt....I love the skirt so much I already have my numbers ready for another one!...I originally wanted a 4-gore skirt (gores are panels) but my fabric choice earlier only allowed for three...luckily the sewing world has a rule of 3's concept; so not having enough fabric made no difference in this project.....I guess starting to make the gored skirts makes sense to start out with the smallest amount of gores...the number can only go up from here ;).....I am very happy with my latest refashions and my new skirt...I'm kinda really proud of my skirt...my sewing is advancing and my new book was money well spent...okay photos now....ttys...

You may remember this from a previous post...this was my first patternless sheath dress...I wasn't going to wear it as a dress anymore so I decided to shorten it and make it a cool top....(I shared this before but it was too cute to not share again; forgive me hehehe)

the back; can you see the split I added for extra snazziness?...


this was a romper; I believe my age may have prompted me to refashion this into a faux peplum top...the shorts were just a bit too short for my taste nowadays...but its very cute as a top if I do say so myself!...
 \

the back of my faux peplum top..pretty cool!

my throwback jersey dress...it was just too expensive and I couldnt see myself parting with it; even after all this time....

Refashion to the rescue...now its a cool jersey shirt I can pair with some cool shorts or jeans!...Sewing saves the day again!

My new 3-gore skirt!...now this I am proud of....the photos do no justice...it is a cool skirt I tell you what! (in my Hank Hill voice)

added a cool fashion zipper; I may switch it out though for a plain Black one or a camo one...going to the fabric store tomorrow for supplies..If I do change it I will share...;)
My new sewing book :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment