Thursday, April 11, 2013

McCall's Patterns + New Look Patterns = Purty Dresses!

How's the good folks that follow my blog this here evening?...I'm well; I've been sewing so that means I feel really good!...of course I still have life issues but while in my sewing room they are NOT allowed!...I have made a couple new dresses this week...One from my usual (New Look Patterns) but the strapless little number I created from a McCall's pattern...now I love, love, love New Look Patterns but I have to admit that their instructions are more often than not hard to follow...So not true about the McCall's pattern I used today...the instructions were extremely easy to follow making the dress a breeze to whip up...I may have just sold myself on McCall's patterns...I created the first dress out of a cool Orange linen I snatched up at Hancock's Fabrics and the second one from one of the very first fabrics I ever purchased when I first started sewing...the McCall's pattern was the very first pattern I bought too...I am just now getting around to understanding it...I also learned a new technique: boning!...it is a structural technique to add the fitted look to my new halter dress....it worked like a charm as well...I am sooo pleased with the McCall's dress and I will definitely be buying more of them...Well I guess I will share now....Brace yourself, these dresses are the bee's knees! LOL
~~MsKRS~~
P.S. the Orange dress is View E of New Look Pattern # 0167...I made View C earlier and posted about it before!....
View E is the one in the yellow-orange dress in the middle...kinda small; sorry 'bout that! :)  three more looks to make!

View E without sash

View E with my DIY infinity scarf...

Model is wearing View B...I may or may not make the others...

It came together sooo nicely!  so love the A-line look!


A side shot of my new dress! I love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment