Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A bright, beautiful tangerine

Good afternoon all!...I had a couple errands to run today; a paper to fax, Home Depot for a clay pot (to replace the one I knocked over and broke the other day), and of course Hancock's Fabrics...I meant to get these little things done early but dealing with my huny makes everything just that much slower...He is very sloth-like when it comes to "moving something" and getting things done and over with (I love him dearly anyway)...
However, all of it got done with little irritation...I say little because there is ALWAYS something annoying and pointless happening when you deal with other people....Something always around trying to ruin your good mood and day....
Let me share one of the reasons why I say that.....
Initially, I was going to Kinko's to fax my paper (it needed to be faxed by 4 pm this afternoon) but I didn't feel like going way across town to do it...**I wonder why there aren't many Kinko's around here** So on the way I decided to pay extra attention to the little stores we passed because while we may not have hardly any Kinko's stores we have a bunch of little places that offer office services...I found one right down the street ran by the sweetest little ginger guy...I guess I looked kinda purty today because my fax ended up being free! (it was only $2 dollars)  Free is always good and he was a very nice person <~~~a rarity these days....Everyone else I encountered today was tolerable except for some sour customer I had the displeasure to run into in Hancock's....My huny noticed her looking at me in an unfriendly way but of course I didn't notice anything...I'm in Hancock's for crying out loud!!!  I am totally into the fabric...but apparently she wasn't....to make a long story short I HATE people like that...I know I know hate is a very strong word but its the only word I can use to accurately explain how I feel about those that try and make others feel uncomfortable solely because they so obviously do....Let's just say I'm glad I didn't see her doing all that or things may have become even more "uncomfortable" (shrugs shoulders)....Nonetheless I, of course found some very pretty fabric, made it home in one piece, and I looked like a bright, beautiful Tangerine!...I got that line from my favorite TV series "Martin"...His wife Gina had on a pretty Orange blazer and matching skirt one day and he said that to her in his hilarious way!
Anyway, I debuted one of my new dresses which was New Look Pattern #0167 View E...I was wearing all of my creations today (makes me feel like a million bucks I promise you) which was of course my new dress, my sash, and my bag!...I drafted the bag because I was going through the envelope clutch phase and designed a pattern for my own..I'm sure I have blogged about all three before....
Sewing keeps me sane...that is all...LOL now I will share my photos!
XOXOXOX
MsKRS


MsKRS in all her DIY goodies

:)



Gotta work on that fitting...


that Orange linen is killing em...;)

Yes Yes Yes!...and all from my sewing machine (Bag and sash designed by ME and dress is a New Look pattern)...Yeah baby! (in my Austin Powers voice)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment