Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring in the form of a dress

Howdy folks!...I was going to vent but I decided that trash and trashy folks had no place on my blog so I will just go right on into my new dress...a couple days ago my huny took me to one of my favorite places (Hancock's Fabrics) and I copped some new fabric and a new pattern...I believe I have mentioned before that I love, love, love New Look Patterns; so I grabbed another one on the way out...
I got New Look Patterns #6799 and I of course made View C...I don't know why its always View C but it is....I always think that the patterns I choose are going to be easy but they hardly ever are easy as I believe they should be...(that's why I like patternless stuff)....this one was kind of a doozy and the fabric was even crazier...the fabric I like is mostly always slinky, which makes it a mutha to work with...but alas, I discovered my hemming foot and it made my job much easier...I have a lot of feet to go with my machine but I hardly ever switch them out unless I am doing a zipper....My zipper foot sucks by the way...I wonder if I can get another one......hmmmm...well anyway the hemming foot is cool for slinky fabric; I did my dress' armholes and hem...it worked like a charm...I'm going to explore more of them and let y'all know how they work out...Well, I only have two photos this evening...the others ones didn't come out well and I didn't feel like taking more....(I have been working on this dress for two days)
XOXOXOXO
**MsKRS**

I added belt loops to my dress at the midriff....I like the midriff panel of this dress too...I may add this to another dress....





with my DIY obi-style belt....Looks cool with or without a belt huh?..(wink-wink)
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the fabric and design, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Victoria!...I had a time with it but Im more than happy to wear it! LOL....Visit again anytime and if you have a blog please share it with me so I can visit you too! :)

    ReplyDelete