Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Quilt-y hearts in Black

Afternoon everybody!...Hope all is well and the work week is swiftly progressing....I've been sewing a lot; but writing blog posts ehhhhh, not so much...but for this one I decided to share sooner than I was planning on...I'm skipping ahead again because this is the latest thing I've whipped up but certainly not the just the recent.....y'all know my makes will come back around though, they always do....I do have Instagram, and I share much more there than here, or anywhere for that matter....no particular reason except that its much easier to share because I use my phone....Look me up there if time permits for more of my sewing stuff!.....
Now this is another McCall's caller, in the form of a skirt....this is my second time making this pattern this week, the first one I made was View A (can be found on Instagram because I didn't photograph it with my camera; only my phone)....I seem to to be going in a row with this pattern because today I finished View B....for both skirts I used somewhat heavier knits so I'll still be able to wear them in the cooler months!...sewing works out like that sometimes because Lawd knows I didn't have that in mind when I whipped 'em up!...
I made them both from McCall's MP428 and I have three more views left...they're on the maxi skirt side so I may or may not get around to whipping those up anytime soon....on the other hand you can never have too many maxi skirts...and I so love the next one in line (View C); it is super cute although I kinda did that one free hand sometime last year I believe....Oh well, now I have a pattern to use and I wont have to wing it! See, sewing working out again....
My latest skirt is made from a super cute, quilt-y, more dense knit I got from where?...You guessed it: Hancock's Fabrics!...I LOVE THAT PLACE, and the fabric was already in my stash...okay I know y'all already know that so I can stop getting side tracked now right?...its just so easy for me!...LOL!...my new skirt only used one pattern piece; which I already had handy....I traced out two pattern pieces for the first skirt I made so that made the process even faster; View B used one of those pieces....I cut the size 14....I tried it on and I like the way it fits!....(I didn't feel like any alterations anyway).....Belle (my Blue dress form) modeled this one.....I guess she really didn't care for the first one I made because she didn't wear it well IMO...the Black one works for her I guess because it looked much better on her.....Pink Cookie was a bit too skinny this go 'round and couldn't fill it out....
I let it hang overnight because the fabric is kinda heavy and finished it off earlier today by serging all the raw edges....I didn't want to try and hem it because the quilt-y hearts are just too thick....I didn't feel like breaking 15 needles....and it turned out just awesome....I don't mind the serged edges because their so neat but I hemmed the first one though....I need to do more with my serger; I heard it can do some mean gathering and shirring....well, I'm getting off subject again so I'll share the photos now of my girl Belle looking good....
Does anyone else have Instagram?...share your handles! (mine is @MSKRS_STITCHES)
~~MsKRS~~

Front shot of my new skirt...see the quilt-y goodness?...I just love it! 

Side view 1

Back shot 


Side view 2




1 comment:


  1. شركة تنظيف بالرياض
    تعتبر شركة ركن كلين للصيانة والنظافة من اولى الشركة التى له اسما فى مجال خدمات التنظيف ومكافحة الحشرات نحن لدينا احدث المعدات لجلى وتلميع السرميك وافضل المنظفات التى تستخدم فى مجال التنظيف الشامل بالرياض.
    شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف واجهات بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف مساجد بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض
    شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض

    ReplyDelete