Friday, July 17, 2015

New Look and a Kimono

Good evening everybody!...I'm still up watching Modern Family and trying to figure out if I'm going to sew up something else before I go to bed.....a mini marathon comes on every Friday and I always try to tune in....those folks crack me up!....
I've been sewing a bit today; I made one of my little cousins a super pretty little Minnie Mouse halter top...I hope she can fit it; I just googled the size she wears (a 5-6 in little girls) and came up with the measurements....when I finished it I put it in a gift bag along with another little gift from me and didn't take naan picture! LOL!...Hopefully my cousin will take some pictures of her Babygirl and send them to me...if she does I will definitely share....(if my cousin doesn't mind)
Now this post is about what I just finished sewing for myself....I had been coveting a kimono cause I've seen them styled so damned pretty this season....I wanted in on some of the hotness so I had been keeping my eye out for a kimono pattern....Wouldn't you know that on my most recent trip to my favorite store (Hancock's Fabrics) I spotted New Look pattern #S0805....it has four views; two waist length and floor length....they're all so pretty and have ideas for all of em.....I whipped up View A, mainly because of the cool length and its sleeveless....Its still beyond hot around here so sleeves with the fabric I used wouldn't have fared well IMO....
I used an super pretty, floral print knit fabric I had in my stash....by now everybody should know where it came from! (smile)....it says *easy on the envelope and it actually was....I've been picking some good patterns lately in terms of how many pattern pieces I have to work with, the instructions, and ease of sewing...this one was "all that" because it sewed up nice; and has very good lines you know?....I feel like making more of these.....The view I made only had two pattern pieces!....You know that's my kinda pattern all day!....I altered the pattern juuuussstttt a little bit like I always do....I knew when I read the pattern instructions I was NOT going to add the bias tape....I just didn't think it would look good with the print like at all so I serged all the raw edges....and I was right, it looks much, much better and it doesn't clash with the pretty flowers....maybe next time I'll use a more plain fabric and it'll warrant some good ole' bias tape....after all I have plenty and I wouldn't mind another chance to use some of that vintage-y goodness....
Okay I'll share the pictures now 'cause I have laundry...the never-ending chore.....I'll talk to you good folks soon!...anybody whipped up anything they've had their eye on lately?...let me see! :)
~~MsKRS~~

Kimono!!!! Yeah baby! (in my Austin Powers voice)

Side shot w/ questionable sleeve holes.....


Back shot!....its just the right length...heels or flats will work! 

The other side....

Prettaaayyyyy!! 




1 comment: