Wednesday, July 15, 2015

New bonnet?...why yes, yes it is.....

Good evening y'all good people!...I'm sitting here watching Unsung; its about one of my favorite duos Kid and Play....they had they're ups and downs like everybody else I suppose but they are still best friends....IMO, that's all that counts....of course I'm sitting in my sewing room staring at all my fabric and always wondering what I'll whip up next...
This evening I wanted the instant gratification thing...I kept thinking and thinking and came up with the idea of finally making myself a hair bonnet...I may as well you know because every time I see one in the stores I swear up and down I'll make one...tonight I hooked one up......I don't know if I've ever shared but my hair has been chemical free for quite some time now which means it requires a little extra protection; such as a super comfy silk hair bonnet...all Natties (natural hair gals) know protecting our hair while sleeping is a must but the protection cannot be too tight or cumbersome to wear...my new hair bonnet is just right for that...matter fact I'm sitting here writing this post with it on right now because my hair has conditioner on it; today was wash day....I can already tell my hair is loving its new addition...
I free styled it; the aspect isn't that difficult to understand....I measured the elastic piece around my head, snipped it off and added it to my circles.....In my mind I envisioned having two circles to work with but the way I cut my damn pieces I ended up with four halves....Smh okay, okay no big deal 'cause I just connected the pieces to make the circles I needed to begin with....then I sewed up those circles and added the elastic opening....sewed the elastic together and closed the whole I used to flip my bonnet over....I kinda wanna make a few more because I have a few styles in mind....for instance if someone has longer hair the back of the bonnet will hang a bit longer you know?...and of course the fabric came from my spot.....(Hancock's Fabrics)...been in my stash for a good minute now...
My babygirl just put Golden Girls on for me (she knows me so well) and I kinda wanna make another one...I needed to had already gone to Sally's to get that mannequin head too so could take better pictures but I guess my own head will have to do for now....I may go grab one tomorrow; they're only maybe $8-$10....I priced them already and I actually didn't know they would just be at Sally's...sometimes the universe is on your side....okay, I'm rambling like always so I'll share my pictures now...I'm tired too, which may be a little evident in the pictures...forgive me, its my birthday month so I've been just up with the chickens while waiting on the stars.....talk to you good folks soon...
~~MsKRS~~

This is how I'm looking at this moment....relaxing in style with my pretty new bonnet....
(I may be a little biased wink-wink)...I'll probably make 4 more bonnets just because LOL!


the back shot

MsKRS' Pink Stitches 

No comments:

Post a Comment