Monday, August 12, 2013

Sewing + "friends"?

Good afternoon y'all!...I'm just in my sewing room patiently waiting for my Judge Judy to come on (she comes on at 4 over here)....Okay I know I keep talking about my Fashion Star top but I really love it...I had to meet with a couple friends yesterday and I decided I should wear it...the meeting was with a new girlfriend of mine I met a while ago...I also met her cousin Joy...lovely ladies, lovely ladies indeed...I may be writing for a new blog if all goes well.....doors with super cool things behind it are opening...so I picked my little camera lady up from work and headed over there.... She tagged along with me to my meeting and afterwards took some pictures for me...I got those for you good folks at the end of the post...
Now for the personal part...I have been feeling some kinda way about the word "friend" nowadays...now I have never purposely had many friends because I simply don't accept people into my life easily...I am friendly but I don't claim many people as friends...and its not a negative thing, its just that most people aren't your friend anyway so why say they are?....Now don't get me wrong, I AM a peoples' person; I love being in good company and having debates that are worth talking about...but this afternoon I'm feeling melancholy because the people that I called a friend I cannot ignore anymore that they aren't....the actual situations I don't care to mention because these people have yet to come to the "straight up" conclusions about what happened, and some others are still playing the blame game...however, these people I thought were the closest to me are now the most distant....what's even more tripped out is that there are other folks that I am getting closer to...and I have to mention just how very grateful and excited to chill with them and get closer I am, like beyond excited....but on the flip side I guess you really do outgrow relationships with folks...that old saying that some people only stay in your life for a season is proving true on a daily basis (shrugs shoulders)....and you know what?  I'm fine with that...
Remember my shirt I designed and whipped up out of the comic book fabric?...I finally figured out how I wanna rock it...at first I wanted to wear it with a pair of White skinnies but for some reason I just never got around to Old Navy to cop some...but I have had that shirt heavy on my mind, trying to figure out what to pair it with...well, I'm going to make a sunny Yellow maxi skirt to wear with it!...Ive been on the maxi skirt love lately and as soon as I remembered that sunny knit fabric I have in my stash I knew that was the fabric that would soon be a skirt...Pictures soon of my outfit when I debut it!...Okay I'm rambling so I will talk to you after I wear my new outfit...Now pictures!
~~MsKRS~~
one of the most comfortable tops I have ever made...and that fabric is sooo soft...Hancock's Fabrics is the best....

I love that fishtail thing this pattern has going on...and my shoes complimented perfectly...(I love, love, love shoes!)


a box of SUPER COOL stuff from my fellow HBG...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment