Monday, March 4, 2013

Orange is the new Green

Good evening everybody!...I am doing my usual; cooking, cleaning, laundry, sewing, and of course trying my hand at good ideas....I love green living, the recycling thing is taken seriously in my house....everyone knows that we recycle everything we can...My family really tries to do our little part...My daughter loves, loves, loves oranges, tangerines, tangelos; basically anything orange and she has been eating Cuties (little seedless, easy-peel, tangerines) ever since she and I can remember and nowadays is no different (Remember she is 18!)...every time I go to the grocery store I have to bring some Cuties back...I mean she eats them by the boat loads...(she is so pumped full of Vitamin C that she almost never gets sick)....I noticed the green cleaner trend and thought I would jump on the bandwagon...Since my babygirl eats so many of them and I just saw a homemade recipe for orange cleaner I decided I would try my hand at a batch....Now the cleaners I have been seeing are great but they don't have any soap in them...I kinda know why because the soaps are usually not "green" enough with the dyes and other ingredients that an all-natural cleaner would warrant...However, if I don't see bubbles when I clean I feel I'm not doing a well-enough job; which is one of the reasons I have stayed away from the natural cleaners in the first place...I know they are just too mild for my taste and they may not be as "green" as they claim.....Since my daughter just so happened to be eating Cuties this evening I had her save the peelings and gathered my items to make my own batch of orange cleaner....
Now the secret (if you can call it that) to MY orange cleaner is a free and clear dish soap...free and clear meaning no dyes and no artificial ingredients....I bought the free and clear soap from Target on my last trip although I don't usually buy that one...(I like the Apple scent)...but I'm glad I did because I needed it for my cleaner idea....
Here is what I did: I filled a jar with the tangerine peelings, poured White vinegar in to the top, and added 20 drops of free and clear dish soap....now I play the waiting game...I am going to cure it for about two weeks to make sure to get all those good, essential oils out of those peelings....oh, and dont forget to halve what ever portion of the cleaner you use with water....Okay, enough rambling, I have a couple of pictures to show yall...
XOXOXO
MsKRS

MsKRS' Orange Cleaner....:)

the ingredients I used for my orange cleaner....

No comments:

Post a Comment