Thursday, May 2, 2013

New Look Patterns #0180 View C AGAIN

How's everybody doing this afternoon?...I'm beaming and excited because I have a new dress and it came out very, very nice; if I do say so myself...I found some very nice Chambray fabric on a couple trips back to Hancock's Fabrics...Of course I couldn't bring myself to cut it right away but something told me it was okay to cut it now...LOL...(I have a problem with cutting my fabric sometimes; weird I know but its true)...anywho I decided to make New Look Patterns #0180 View C again since I made some mistakes design features on the other one that I wanted to work on with this one...I'm glad I decided to make it again because it turned out beautifully....
For this one I cut the bodice a size smaller but left the skirt the same size as the last one...I binded the armholes on the last one but I added a cool vintage lace to the armholes and hem for this one....I also added the lace to the back around the zipper...the lace made the entire dress...its from the 1950's and it absolutely lovely....I also pleated the neckline differently on this one too...The Chambray has a slight stretch to it which makes it very comfy....I did a much better job on the zipper although I had to rip out one side; it just was too jacked up....I am now sold on lace and it will be in my shopping cart every single time I go to the fabric store...it just makes things so frilly and pretty!...I didn't interface the neckline facings either because I wanted to cut down on the bulk...the Chambray was thick enough....
This particular pattern has 5 looks and I've made two....I'm going to make a different look next go 'round...the look on the package is View E...I made make that one next....;)...Now for a looksee at my new dress!
XOXOXOXOX
~~MsKRS~~

My new Chambray dress

view from the side

Cool zipper and hook and eye installation....see the lace around the zipper?...pretty, pretty stuff...


Look at that hemline!....My skills are improving; greatly improving...


Neckline central...I love it.....



Ooh La La....I tried to show my super cool zipper and hook and eye installation but I dont know how to work my camera well enough....(shrugs shoulders)...but you get the idea right?...Yeah baby! (in my Austin Powers voice)...I love this dress...

1 comment:

  1. Oooohhh, I love it! It's such a beautiful dress you deserve to be proud! I bought that pattern and was considering using it, now I can't wait to find some fabric for it.

    ReplyDelete