Monday, May 20, 2013

New Look Patterns + Same view + Life

Howdy folks!...It seems that I haven't posted in a while and I do miss writing and letting out my feelings...Life has been going and going as usual and I haven't had much time for sewing...been baking though but that's another post....My babygirl got a new job; which effects my life although I am not the one with the new gig...she needs a ride to and from so guess who gets to be a taxi?...just one of those motherhood things I guess...Family and/or others have been needing attention; more or less literally begging for it because its been an ongoing "visit" for almost a week now...no overnights but there has been "everydays"....my patience for that is wearing very thin with that but it should be over soon...I'm a people person I guess just not every day....Enough venting and on to my new dress...
My sewing mojo had gone missing because there has been just so much junk to do that I couldn't get around to sewing...my half-finished dress has been longingly hanging on my dress form for a long time...it seemed to call to me every night but I have been running and running...all that made me very tired and I couldn't muster up the strength....today was different though...I finished New Look Pattern #0167 View E again and I love it...the fabric (IMO) has a very country feel and I knew I was going to make a dress from it...I opted to use a metal teeth zipper in Marigold instead of the invisible zipper this time...they are never really "invisible" anyway since the zipper foot I have isn't very helpful in applying them....(a good invisible zipper foot is next on my list of notions to get)....I just see this dress with the little short Cowboy boots and I don't even like them!..it just feels like they go with this dress...but with our temperatures in Cali, I know for a fact I wont be pairing them with this dress...its just too damned hot here to do that...so flats or wedges it will be when I debut it....
I also was able to apply my newly acquired skills I learned from a Tricia Waddell video on understitching...my armholes and neckline are much, much better because of it too....takes a few more minutes but its worth the time and effort....
I also got two kittens while I was "gone"; a brother and sister duo I named Si (an Orange boy named after the man from Duck Dynasty) and a purty girl I named Harley Quinn ( a Tortie girl named after Harley Quinn from Batman)...she is named Harley Quinn because of her face...she is sooooo beautiful....
Well I have complained, rambled, and probably shared too much once again but you know I always have a photo or two to share after I bug y'all...LOL...
TTYS
~~MsKRS~~

Si, the greedy Orange boy

Harley Quinn, the pretty little Tortie...

New Look Pattern #0167 View E...my new dress...I can wait to wear it.....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment