Tuesday, February 12, 2013

New top + 16 bean soup + a messy sewing room

Hiiiiii!  Good evening everybody!!!!....this post is a bit earlier than I usually post because I have forced myself out of my sewing room to do it...I just have so many ideas in my head right now I needed to take a break anyway...my brain is so LOUD.....it helps tremendously when I'm sewing though and for that I'm grateful...Anyway my sewing magazines strike again with some inspiration on a new top I made last night....The other day I went to get some interfacing and I always buy remnants because I swear one day I am going to start a quilt top...(I will, don't snicker I will! LOL)...anyway I spotted a Gray knit fabric in the remnants and grabbed it up...it turned out to be a good sized piece, a yard even and I decided to make something with it....while looking through my sewing mags I saw the Trendy Top in Sew It All Volume 3; I was supposed to have made this little top for quite some time since Sew It All is almost on its 6th volume!...well I followed the super simple directions and came up a cool addition to my wardrobe for a fraction of the cost...(the yard of fabric was 80 cents!!!!!)...I also used a necklace piece I've had since I started sewing to make a new piece of jewelry I may pair with it when I get ready to wear it...
Since my sewing and crafting part of my brain doesn't really rest of course I kept on making stuff..While going through my vintage sewing notions I noticed a little Ziplock bag of snaps that were perfect for me to repair one of favorite pairs of heels...I also went all Crafty Chica on 'em and glittered em up too!...I cant wait to wear 'em....(I didn't take a photo of the shoes, (or the soup; all the different beans were kinda cool looking) for some odd reason...maybe I can show em when I wear em and remind you of this post)....
Well I have to go and finish the rest of the food and tidy of my sewing room....Photos now ummmkay?! LOL
XOXOXOXO
~~MsKRS~~

side view one

front view...sheer knit fabric will be very breezy and comfortable when it heats up...

I tried to show the necklace piece I used to make a new necklace for myself...


side view two
 
the inspiration...top instructions can be found in Sew It All Volume 3 as well as other cool projects to whip up!

No comments:

Post a Comment