Monday, July 29, 2013

Maxi skirts by MsKRS

Good evening everybody!!!!...I've been sewing again and I've been whipping up some cool stuff!...Last post I shared my a striped maxi skirt and halter top in a cool green and turquoise...Im sharing it again though, its just sooo cute not to....(forgive me)....then today I decided I needed another one of those ensembles; plus it gives me a reason to sew up those pieces of sheer knit while I still can..so I grabbed some more fabric out of my stash and made another maxi skirt and halter top....now my now halter top was supposed to be a tank top but due to me cutting it out wrong I ended up being something else....since the knit is so sheer I decided to make a bandeau out of my leftover skirt fabric...I even did my first two flat-felled seams...I love them; they make things look so neat...all this sewing stuff I'm learning just comes in handy right when its supposed to...its like you automatically know what to do to get certain results...the bandeau came out nice too...All the stuff I've recently made is patternless too; that's how I KNOW my sewing skills are improving...I really love that feeling of sewing without instruction sometimes....its easy-going sewing instead of trying to follow a pattern...
Im letting the latest skirt hang overnight although I don't ever do that with my knits...but this fabric just felt like it should and for the exact reason I've always read about...the hem....its like a medium-weight knit that feels like it would distort if I hemmed it tonight...another sewing first for me!...(I LOVE THIS SEWING THING)....I finished my jumpsuit too but I didn't get to take a photo...next time I will though...I like how it turned out too; I finished that right before these two outfits....
Well I guess I'll share the photos now and talk to you good people later!...Have I ever said THANK YOU for being a part of my blog?...Well if I haven't ever or in a while I would like to thank everyone for sharing my little blog with me...I like telling y'all about my sewing journeys...Stick around, please...:)
~~MsKRS~~

Maxi/skirt halter top ensemble 1

Maxi skirt/halter top ensemble 2

No comments:

Post a Comment