Thursday, July 4, 2013

Independence Day

Howdy folks!....I'm up late once again, I just finished my new dress I wanted to make for the 4th...I whipped up McCall's M6741, View A...The dress has pockets which I love...I ran out of fabric last night while making it so I had to make a "necessary" trip to Hancock's Fabrics...I love that place and the ladies so much!...As soon as I got there I wanted to go crazy because of course they are having a sale but I somehow controlled myself and focused on the contrast fabric I needed for my dress...I spotted a shiny Red fabric that I liked and grabbed a yard...I love the way it perked up my dress!...It adds a certain firework-y (did I just make up a word?) tune to the dress because its shiny and fiery!....
Of course in 100 degree weather I omitted the lining...My machine has serger stitches so that's how I finished the neck and arm holes...It also has a zipper and hook and eye closure as well...looks pretty good but my camera didn't want to participate...I really needed a pressing ham for this dress; that may just be my next project...
Have I ever said how cool my little, modest machine is?.....Well it's awesome, it really is....I've learned to use the different stitches and feet and my clothes are coming out SO COOL!!!!!.....
Now when I ran out of fabric for my first dress I still felt like messing around in my sewing room so I set my sights on my huge pile of t-shirts so graciously given to me by my huny...(I think he buys waaaaayyyy too many t-shirts but at least I'm crafty enough to find something to do with them geez)...I grabbed my paint brushes and fabric paints and went to work...I refashioned the first one by slimming the sleeves and the sides to make it fit me....I made a skirt bottom with another t-shirt...I tried to do an ombre effect on the stripes too....I went kinda crazy with the fabric paint; I noticed I got the spray residue on my iron!.....My camera battery died (of course) after only a few pictures so I'll have to post more pics when I wear the dresses....
Well let me share then....I just thought to myself, I don't even have any plans for the holiday...but if anything comes up I'll have a cool dress to wear to the gathering.....I hope I at least get to see some fireworks...Am I rambling?...I'm tired...lol ;)
~~MsKRS~~

Fabric paint + t-shirts = MsKRS Stars and Stripes t-shirt dress

the back...;)

My shiny, new dress!


bad photo, cool pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment