Sunday, June 24, 2012

Beachy MsKRS

Hey Hey Hey Folks!
I'm trying to keep up with my sewing and my blog so here goes another ;).....I was trying to come up with something to sew today....I thought about the Style Shopper in Amy Butler's book but I didnt want to part with that much material and interfacing (her bag patterns call for a lot of supplies)....then I thought about teaching myself a new technique out of my faves new book (Lisa Lam) but I got sidetracked looking at Old Navy's site.....While surfing the site (no pun intended lol) , I saw a few totebags with super cool, raw edges, grommets, and applique that I thought was the cutest thing...It was on sale for $10.00 and I would have gladly given them those dollars for any one of the totes they offer....but since I have been blessed to sew, I decided to make my own version of it....It was fun for me too because I got to use some of the supplies that I seldom use in my sewing such as fabric spray and glitter, I didnt have any grommets...that would have been a new skill to add to my resume as well because I have never installed grommets before....tonight I am going to tie-dye some more letters for another similar tote....I am so glad I sew...I can always have something tailored to ME....
XOXOXOXO
~~MsKRS~~

The applique is glittered and the front is spritzed with fabric spray!...I had fun with this bag I tell you what! (in my Hank Hill voice)...:D

The back....

:)

Glitter and fabric spray by Tulip...Good finds and friggin' fun to use!... by the end, I had glittery fingers and overspray everywhere! LOL!


2 comments:

  1. Anything involving glitter gets the thumbs up from me! Yuo'll be finding it around the house for weeks to come, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using that stuff...I have so many ideas....I have been doing some tie-dye lately....have a buncha fabric dye packs left and one more tie-dye set....my fingers just barely turned back the normal color...LOL....ttys!

    ReplyDelete