Friday, October 4, 2013

Scrap HAPPY

How's every body's evening going?...Mine is just fine; just looking at the Golden Girls and getting ready to finish going through all my scraps from almost three years of sewing....yes, I have THAT many doggone scraps of fabric....I liked looking through 'em though; I remember each and every project I completed with each piece...even the very first one....ahhhhh nostalgia coolness....
Anyway, I'd been thinking to myself since my babygirl isn't always here anymore (she works now and spends a lot of time with her boyfriend) I figured I may as well take over the bathroom and give it a makeover....I don't feel guilty now because ever since she was little girl I did the bathroom in a lot of kids' attire; the rubber ducky theme, pink polka dots, and even the Brats once adorned my loo....I know I mentioned I love elephants before and that is going to be the staple I decorate around...I have a couple of elephant pictures to hang other little things to do....I originally wanted to feature my newly decorated bathroom and the new stuff all together but after I finished the rug, I decided to feature it on its own...Yeah, its THAT cool imo....
The rug is why I drug out all my scraps....I looked through them and found some cool scraps to work with....I cut strips from the scrap fabrics I used but not in any uniform size....they were however on the longer side; I'm sure if you used shorter ones they would work just as good....I used some kinda weird fabric I bought last year sometime as a base...it has a rubber backing and it kinda looked like drapes on the fabric side...I don't know what is really is but it was absolutely perfect for my rug project....and my huny is always messing with me saying you just buy any kind of fabric don't you?...I always smile and say I'll use it one of these days and I always do....I used quite a bit of scraps too but it didn't even put a dent in the scrap pile I have left...This scrappy rug is also my OWN idea from my OWN noggin....I just thought I'd mention that before someone decides to claim it as their own (its been A LOT of that going on lately)....and if you wanna know how I made it, just ask!....its super duper easy!....I'll also share photos of my the bathroom when I finish adding stuff to it...probably in a couple days....the spray paint is drying on another project I did for the makeover too....
I'll talk to you good folks soon, hopefully I'll be getting on around to Hancock's Fabrics tomorrow...I want this jacket pattern from Burda and some faux leather to whip it up.....or maybe I'll use a soft suede; its on sale for 60% off....Pictures now.....
~~MsKRS~~

the beginning....it took about two or three days...I probably could have finished it in one or two but I kept stopping...


 the scrap pile....I need to finish going through this heap....


 Isn't she a beaut??!!...I LOVE how this rug came out.....I really do...


 My new scrappy rug again....


 the underside....my huny said Hey babe you can put it on this side too...ummm NO babe....the other side only lol...





2 comments:

  1. Awesome rug, I can see an elephant walking through the brush, ;) I too love looking through my scraps and reminiscing about all the cool clothing I made. Do we get to see the finished bathroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you very much; I'm very happy with the way it came out....and yes everyone will see the finished bathroom....I need to go thrifting to see if I can find a curtain rod....that's the only thing missing.....come back and visit me soon Victoria! :)

    ReplyDelete