Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Still sewing + "making it work"

Howdy folks!...Y'all can probably guess what I'm doing by now; watching Judge Judy and sewing stuff up...I had been working on a new collared shirt and just like my life it was an adventure...a FUN one, but still an adventure just the same....the shirt is Butterick's B5526, View D heavily modified...I basically just used the pattern as a guide.....I started the shirt and everything was going well; or so I thought....I ended up cutting it too small and had to get a little innovative....In other words, MsKRS, the Designer had to step in....the pattern itself, I must say is totally cool, the view I cut has princess seams **my FAVORITE** and plenty of buttons, pockets and other additions....its has 5 views in total (friggin' awesome)....but I just wanted this one to be plain since the fabric is seersucker and tiny checked....busy, ummm yes indeed but I LOVE THE FABRIC, well A LOT.....so I decided early into making the shirt that I wouldn't add the buttons.....I guess my mind already knew that I would cut the shirt too small so the no buttons idea went hand in hand with that....
To finish up my new shirt I went to my neighborhood JoAnn's (ugghhhh JoAnn's and I have a love/hate relationship) for some elastic and of course they didn't have what I was looking for...I should have just gone to Hancock's but I didn't feel like going that far...the color I wanted was all gone, and it looked like it had been that way for a while....so the crafty beast that lives inside of me came out and said: Make it work! (in Tim Gunn's voice)...is Tim Gunn the crafty beast that lives inside of me?...nahhhhh but I heard his voice anyway.....so I grabbed some regular elastic and some fabric dye....the elastic matched perfectly when I was done! (which almost NEVER happens)....I added it to the front in place of the buttons....it fits perfectly and I cant wait to wear it...its effin' awesome!!!!!
Now you may also notice an infinity scarf around the neck of Pink Cookie adorning my new shirt....well yep, I made that too....no pattern though, they're so easy that you really don't need one....I made the scarf last year though out of some soft knit fabric I had in my stash, and have worn it several times...I've just never taken a picture...I wear my creations every single day so IMO, that is just too many pictures to take....I'm MsKRS, NOT Vanity Smurf! LOL!  I told myself I would take more photos though, because after all that is one of the points of me sharing....I want to make myself a new bag too...maybe I'll have one to show you next go 'round....Have y'all been adding to your wardrobes?...what are you pairing together these days?...share with me!.... okay, photos now, talk to you good folks soon!
~~MsKRS~~

Front view, tried this baby on and its saweeeeettttt! fits very well....
 

 Infinity scarf coolness...its sooo soft...cost me under a buck to make it!!!!...now THAT'S frugal fashion at its finest! (tongue twister; say that 5 times fast! lol)

Back shot; princess seams makes things purty!

Can you see the princess seam?...I love, love, love princess seams!

Such pretty views...I know I'm going to end up making all of em...

No comments:

Post a Comment