Monday, January 28, 2013

"Blossom"ing skills

the front


side shot

the back

a shot of the interior
 
Good evening all!...of course I am up again messing around in my sewing room...I usually opt for quick projects because I like instant gratification when I sew....but this go 'round I wanted a "project"...My first sewing book was Amy Butler's Style Stitches and her Blossom bag has always been soooooo darling to me...but how cute I thought it was is just how intimidating the pattern was to me....there are plenty of steps and material when it comes to making one of her bags....now while they call for a buncha stuff the finished bag is just snazzy!!...when I first started sewing she was one of the first bag ladies I discovered....I am on the hunt for her Kalencom bag patterns here locally...my little vac and sew shop may stock them by Summer....at least I hope they do...I have been able to nab a couple of her individual patterns there before....it took me around four days to complete this bag and I my stitching skills are advancing...I am starting to understand more about sewing as a whole...basically, sewing is getting cooler by the minute!!...Glad to be on board!!...Rambling?..yep, like always.......
XOXOXOXOX
**MsKRS**

2 comments:

  1. Nice collection of bags. I really like your design pattern of handbags. Thanks for the information.

    California Handbags

    ReplyDelete