Sunday, October 5, 2014

Simplicity Back in the Day and my own doings....

Howdy, howdy, howdy!..I'm up wide awake when I should be winding down for the work week....My goodness I have had the absolute worst allergies this weekend too...OMGGGGG talk about annoying as hell!!!!!...I finally had to go and get something because I was just miserable....I still am a little bit, but I wanted to write....uggghhh....You would think I'd be used to it; having allergies my entire life so bad but each flare up is the pits....I've sneezed so much my chest hurts.....damn!!!!!...
As horrible as my sinuses are treating me I felt like taking pictures for some reason...of all days, today while I suffered so greatly with effin' allergies I felt like taking some pictures!...go figure......While I sneezed through them all my Sweetest managed to take a few pictures...please excuse them as they kinda jacked up and there was nothing I could really do about it but I wanted to take them anyway....the whole picture thing happened on a fluke too because I only got dressed to ride with my Sweetest to spend his birthday gift cards at Olive Garden (I didn't get Olive Garden though; I don't like it but my Huny did)....before I got dressed I was in my bed totally suffering...He coaxed me out of bed with promises of Sweet Tea and food...Good thing sewing is I and I is most definitely sewing; so much that I rarely wear anything I haven't sewn myself...and I always seem to have something to wear....I've sewn so many comfortable pieces and its cool as eva' to be able throw 'em on and be all right!...Yeah, I IS SEWING BAYBEE....hehehehehehe....
Now I made this top sometime last year; its an old school Simplicity pattern (#5933 to be exact) that I grabbed on one of my many trips to my local thrift stores....the skirt is a MsKRS original; its just a simple, pattern-less pencil skirt I made a while back too....the fabrics used all came from Hancock's Fabrics (MY FAVORITE FABRIC STORE **here locally**), the lace too...came out of my stash.....my shoes are Steve Madden but I grabbed mine up at Ross one day my Sweetest and I were at Sprout's...Score yeah?!.....the skirt fabric is a knit, the lace back and the micro polka dot fabric for the front of the top has a stretch rayon feel to it (the top fabrics)...and both were remnants...the pattern called for knits but both the lace is stretchy and I cut the front piece on the bias...I'm sure I actually made both of these pieces last year sometime....I wear my creations every day but I just can so not take pictures everyday...my moods just will not allow it....and I end up showing 'em all some time or another anyway....hence this here post! (smile)...well let me share some I-need-a-better-camera photos with you good people and I bid you all farewell until next time....
~~MsKRS~~
P.S. Meet my new friend Belle too! (my new dress form)....Pink Cookie (my 1st dress form) and I are more than happy to have her with us in my sewing room! (wink-wink)

My sneeze affected smile...smh....I feel like Rudolph (the red-nosed reindeer)....shirt kinda wrinkly too with all the violent sneezing going on....I swear I ironed it, I swear....

Back shot....

Side One....

MsKRS 
(trying not to sneeze)

Side Two....

Pic I took while waiting in the car for my Huny to get his food....and my beloved Pixie reusable bag....camera effects courtesy of the Sun itself.....ahhh good ole' nature....

Pink Cookie, MsKRS, and Belle!...BESTIES OKAY!....and my Huny's Olive Garden bag of bread sticks...He insists on eating at my cutting table when were upstairs (I love him anyway smh)....I'm convinced he just likes the coolness that surrounds him when he's in my sewing space...yeah, that's right what it is....

No comments:

Post a Comment