Sunday, June 15, 2014

Old school Simplicity, a re-fashion, and MsKRS

Good afternoon everybody!...I hope all is well on this Father's Day....My Daddy has since passed on so I've since stop planning to do anything....When I had my Daddy I would get him a Father's Day tie cake from Baskin Robbins every year....Now my Daddy had adult onset diabetes which meant that he wasn't really supposed to have cake; let alone a whole one but he looked for that cake anyway...One year I took a little too long to deliver it and he called me and said "Hey! Now where's my cake?"....I had to tell him that I was on my way with it as we spoke!...I loved my Daddy and I'll always be a Daddy's girl no matter how long I live....However, my Sweetest still has his Dad and his Grandpa so that's what this afternoon was about this go 'round...
We all met each other at Sal's (a Mexican food restaurant) and chowed down on some good food and caught up with everybody...We are now full of salsa, chips, and the fixins' we parted ways until next time.....
I had to make something cute to wear; so when I got up this morning I went straight to my sewing room and to my fabric stash....I was thinking about what something I could whip up easily and my Pinterest account came to mind....I had pinned an outfit with an extra long tank with extreme side slits which the girl paired with some booty shorts...Since I wouldn't be caught dead in "booty shorts" I refashioned some cropped jeans into some shorts that were a little above the knee...After I cut them off I shredded them a little more with a razor blade which will probably show better when the come out of the wash next time....They were were already distressed; which is a style that has rolled back around lately....made my refashion right on time...I didn't have a lot of time to whip something up so I used my Simplicity 8479; which is a 1 hour pattern (its probably out of print by now; it was introduced in '93...I'm sure you can find another similar pattern nowadays though with no problem)....I made View 4 but I altered it a bit...For instance; instead of cutting the back piece on the fold; I cut two pieces and sewed them together...it looks better like that IMO and it makes the front easily identifiable from the back....I used a rolled hem on the neck and armholes and serged the inside to clean up the seams....and of course added the super long side slits to make the top stand out....and it really does whip up in an hour or less; its super fast even though I added an extra piece....Have you folks sewn anything up that you noticed from Pinterest?...Who has a Pinterest account I can follow?....Share it with me!.....Yep, I'm rambling again so let me share the flicks before I think of something else to tell you LOL!....
Talk to you good people soon!
~~MsKRS~~

a shot of the back.....

Side view.....

MsKRS; I've copped a buncha knits lately so this outfit has a good chance of reappearing in a different shade or print....

Ayyyyyyeeeeeee!

the "look down" pose us bloggers just have to include! LOL

Just trying to show how cool my shorts are (wink-wink)



No comments:

Post a Comment