Wednesday, March 12, 2014

New serger + Large handbook = Real live issues

Good evening y'all!...How's everybody been doing?...Me, I've been just fine...I could complain (as anyone could at any given time) but I won't...Instead today I'm choosing to NOT sweat the small stuff and be grateful for the good stuff in my little corner of the world....Now on to this here post....
My Aunt Peggy (my Daddy's sister) called me a few weeks ago saying she bought a serger and didn't know why (she's been registered nurse for years so she has quite a nest egg and some purchases just get lost in the shuffle)....and she said she must have wanted to make something but she never did get around to doing what she bought it for...she sews a little, but not much.....she has a sewing machine and another serger too....however, she knows I sew my arse off (well I try to at least) so she called and said she had something for me....It was a brand new serger!!!!!...she hadn't even taken it out of the box.....now I had never really needed or coveted a serger but I've always thought they were cool....but after she told me I was going to get one anyway, I got excited about owning one.....Sergers are quite good for knit fabrics and creating things that look store-bought and professional.....okay new machine with 4 spools of thread and two needles automatically begets issues....I've seen sergers before but I've never used one or even tried to.....sooooo, I guess tonight and the better part of tomorrow will be spent trying to figure out how this thing works....I had to bring my Mama's sewing table back out because it has to have its own little station....I'm totally grateful to my family for so many things but my gift of sewing and their support in that is something invaluable....
My sewing room is one my favorite places because its so "ME"...I have a large picture of my Mama, a momento from a cool store from my side of town, green plants (4 to be exact), my Mama's sewing machine and notions, my huny's Mama's dress form, and now my Auntie's serger.....so many personal things in here; there are just too many to list...I'm at my best when I'm in here, in my shell so to speak...okay a few photos now....
Talk to you good people later....
~~MsKRS~~

my new addition to my sewing space.....


I have no idea where to start.....literally no idea whatsoever....(looking very confused)

my little helpers that come to inspect like they do everything that comes in this house....right before this they were playing leap frog in the foam popcorn in the box.....they ran away fast when I cleaned it up and turned on the vacuum! hahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment