Monday, January 6, 2014

"Ugly" fabric again??!!

Good evening everybody!...I for one am glad as ever that this holiday mess is over!  (even if you don't celebrate for your own reasons) and I hope all is well....I had to cook of course; every year because it's simply tradition in my family...It would have been some LOOOOONNNNGGGGG faces around here if I didn't and they made sure their opinions were stated and also duly noted.....For all the history buffs: We've already had discussions, some of them quite heated about the who, what, how, and when of the holidays but we still get together and eat, a lot...I, personally like the "together" part.....sometimes the family accommodates for those that dine differently but usually we just have the regulars....My Mama used to be the one we would wait on to cook us up something soooo good around this time; now the responsibility is mine....and I accept....but I prefer New Year's Eve over Christmas ANYDAY.....QUE SERA SERA...and this is my first post of 2014!
Now on to my new jumpsuit....I made McCall's M6083 again, buuuuuut in some TABLECLOTH fabric???!!!.....
Click this link to see the first jumpsuit I made: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.447885711985218.1073741863.117668338340292&type=3
I will learn to stop buying fabric online without a swatch one day ....The fabric looked totally different when I was shopping and I guess me making sure exactly what it was didn't happen...and when it came in the mail it looked "tablecloth-y"; at first I was pissed with that....I even checked the receipt to see exactly what kind of fabric it really was and it said: TABLECLOTH; POLY, CHAMPAGNE...Omggggg REALLY?????!!!!!....but of course my addiction to fabric as a whole took over and I started looking at it; you know, laying it out seeing what it can actually form BESIDES a damn tablecloth....(I don't make those and at this time I'm not interested in making one either)....After checking it out and noticing that it had two equally pretty sides I started to feel a different way about the tablecloth fabric....I was going to start another dress but my jumpsuit pattern just kept calling me....I decided to use the "ugly" fabric....I'm glad I did because: My new jumpsuit is the prettiest!!!!!(IMO).... the fabric has a nice metallic sheen on both sides and I used the slightly darker side...one side was tan and the other was a couple shades darker brown...I added the pockets but omitted the sash (when I made it before I omitted the pockets and added the sash)....this time around my jumpsuit needs no sash, trust me....
Now folks still might think "so tablecloth" when they see it or maybe because I said it and helped 'em make up their minds but I just love it anyway!....I made a shirt with some "ugly" fabric a while ago but I just love that shirt too nowadays; wore it the other day with some Gray skinnies....
click this link to see my shirt: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.461821550591634.1073741874.117668338340292&type=3
and who remembers my first bolero of my sewing happiness?...well that's what's covering my shoulders in the pictures!....do you want a link to that one?...let me know....
I guess the moral of this story is that fabric you hate can end up being something you love.....Let me share the photos now because y'all know I'll start rambling! LOL talk to you guys soon....
~~MsKRS~~





No comments:

Post a Comment