Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Chain Reaction

Good evening yall!...I said I was going to try and blog a little more; I always wear my fabulous creations but I'm hardly in the mood to take photos....I also said I was going to start a new journal for my sewing...it will probably just end up being a scrapbook full of little notes to myself and measurements though....that'll be a good thing because at this point my scribbles can be found all over the place....I was at Target one day and found something called "Wall Pops" which are stick to the wall (but peel off easy cause there's no adhesive) with the dry erase surface....I've had a skirt idea written on one of 'em since I made my first good pencil skirt...however, my huny and my babygirl always have a good time writing on them too...they literally inspect everything I put in my sewing room...and I don't mind...and I'm sure I'll get around to using my idea I wrote on the top one of these days....
Now this post involves a purty little dress I just finished whipping up this evening....the dress is a pattern I've made before but the fabric steals the show this time....I used a chain print cotton fabric that I grabbed from none other than my favorite little fabric shop: Hancock's Fabrics....I've had it in my stash for quite some time and its one of those fabrics that just feels so nice....you just have to pet it and its always a real dream to sew with....I try to keep the selvage of the fabrics that feel this way so I can track 'em down later if I want to....the pattern I used is Butterick B5815 View C....there are actually three views but view B is a tunic; I'm not all that fond of the "tunic".....I've made the top view and of course this is the second go 'round for View C.....
these are the links for the top and the first dress from this pattern (I used a cool printed knit from JoAnn's for the dress and a cool cotton fabric from Hancock's for the top):
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.493788600728262.1073741887.117668338340292&type=3
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.460035797436876.1073741872.117668338340292&type=3
I really love this pattern, I think its the sleeves....it got some pretty bad reviews too, obviously I didn't agree with the opinions I read though....bad reviews happen because I've seen some patterns that weren't my fancy at all but others raved about them....that's why sewing for me is so personal....its really all up to YOU....I put some vintage seam binding on the sleeves which made it that much more pretty; the seam binding was from 1979 I believe....I love that old stuff....the garments I add my "back in the day" stuff to always turn out nice....photo sharing time...I've been trying to learn how to take better pictures too....its all coming along nicely....(I'll try and share photos of when I wear it too; I need to improve on that)....I'll talk to you good people soon.....
~~MsKRS~~

                             my Wall Pops that my family seems to always have to write on :)....

shot of my new dress with no belt...I believe this is how I'll wear it....

Side shot....you can see the seam lace a little bit...I had to add it; I just had to....

 another shot of the pretty seam lace....I love that stuff....both the arms used it except for about 4 inches of it....I need to get some more but I want it to be vintage too....sewing girl issues I guess....
belted this time...I think it needs a snazzier belt...

Butterick Beauty.....
 



No comments:

Post a Comment