Friday, November 8, 2013

Butterick Beauties Banana-rama

Good afternoon everybody!...How's everything going?....I hope all is well and I'm all right over here myself....The sewing bug has been biting pretty hard and which resulted in me making two outfits in the last two days....I made my first pair of pants and a baseball tee to go with it but I'm going to wait to debut that outfit....Now this post is about my outfit I finished up yesterday night....I still felt like sewing so I decided to whip up another outfit....I didn't know what I would make but I came up with an idea pretty quick after looking through my pattern stash...I saw the pretty, tulip-sleeved top and skirt idea on Butterick's B5815....the pattern has three views; a dress I've made before (click link for photos): https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.460035797436876.1073741872.117668338340292&type=3
a tunic (which is a top that covers your butt), and a top variation.....the top variation outfit just looked so chic and snazzy I decided that I would just whip that up instead of agonizing over what to make a minute longer....I also reached for my "go to" skirt pattern which is Butterick's B5466....for this pattern I've made View E before (click link for photos):
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.466117933495329.1073741876.117668338340292&type=3
and my recent jacket and skirt set I believe I made View E again (see last blog post)...but this go 'round I made View A which is the simplest of the views because I wanted my top to steal the show so to speak....
Well let me get to tootin' my own horn now....this outfit came out just friggin' awesome....I can see my sewing progress in every single thing I make and its just so damned cool....the reason I called this post and my new outfit "Banana-rama" is because the top is yellow and brown with a brown skirt to match....I used a cool cotton fabric for the top and it turned out lovely....I used a brown suede fabric I had in my stash to make the skirt....(of course both fabrics came from one of my favorite places, HANCOCK'S FABRICS.......the skirt has 8 darts which make the skirt purty, purty, purty!...I also made a matching belt with a gold buckle but I don't know if I'll wear it with this outfit or not...it is however a cool belt to have in my collection....My huny said my new fit looks "Mad Men-ish"....He does know how to give a compliment! ;)...Get this, he liked the outfit so much he suggested I get shoes to match....I told him I would wear some heels I already have and he was like "NO babe, those don't match!" although they are the exact same brown that's in the fit.....that translated into NEW SHOES for me and needless to say they're on the way....Awesome right?....but no all jokes aside I really love how this outfit turned out and my growing understanding of this thing called SEWING makes it all possible....
(I still have to put the hook and eye on my skirt but other than that its all done)
Okay rambling again huh?...well I'll share the photos now....

                                             Tried to show the darts on the skirt.....

Lovely, just lovely.....

although I am now separated from my career, I will still have super cool career separates! LOLOLOL!

                                                       my new belt...cool buckle huh?...

Side view....pretty sweet....

the patterns that helped me create this ensemble....see the outfit idea on the first envelope?...sometimes the illustrations on the envelope don't suck....

No comments:

Post a Comment