Sunday, September 7, 2014

Tie me up, tie me down...The Tie Front Strapless Dress

Howdy folks and how's it going?...I'm all right; been checking out a day's worth of football and taking in all the excitement...I took off earlier to have a game brewski or two with my fellow fans but I cut the festivities short this afternoon and headed back home....and whadaya know?...I decided to crank out a blog post!....TBH, the only reason I took off this afternoon in the first place is because this go 'round I was responsible for the beers and ice...You simply CANNOT back peddle if you volunteered to bring the game brews....so I showed up and had a good time....
Now Christine Haynes' patterns steals the show again this time with her simple, strapless dress dubbed "The Tie Front Strapless Dress" of course featured in her Chic and Simple Sewing book...I used a Zebra printed knit fabric I've of course been hoarding since early this Spring....Yall, this dress is beyond comfortable and darlin'....I mean beyond forreal....I put my own spin on on it, as I always do with any pattern; this time to give the front a sort of gored look (the pattern suggested cutting the same two pieces to make the dress)....and I also put the tie on the side instead of the middle....the knit fabric I used is one of those soft ones, and the dress can definitely be worn for other purposes such as a swim suit cover up or a gown....the beauty of this little garment is that it can be used as those and still be worn in public!!!...I whipped it up last night because I wanted to sew but I was on the "instant gratification" thing so I picked something simple....As said before, Ms. Haynes is all about simple yet stylish....she used a silky fabric in her book so I knew a knit would suffice and also hang just fine...and it did....
Well I have get ready for the other world (the one that doesnt involve sewing) so I'll talk to you good folks later...Check me out though in my piccies and what are you sneaking in for the last warm days and National Sewing Month?...Share links with me!
~~MsKRS~~

Sew-y, Inky MsKRS


Didnt take much fabric the way I cut it...


MsKRS Stitches

No comments:

Post a Comment