Monday, March 31, 2014

Too many social media accounts + a maxi dress & headwrap

Good evening everybody!....of course its late; well depending on what you consider late....its 11 pm around these parts....I was feeling sleepy earlier because I had a lot of dinner....I mean a lot and I was hungry for all I ate....Me and my sweetest went to the stores today to grab house stuff and I dragged asked my huny to accompany me to Sprouts....for those who do have a Sprouts store I explain it in a nutshell....its a awesome farmer's market kind of store....produce that is just so fresh and chemical-free, along with other "clean" foods such as cheese made from grass-fed cow's milk and free range chicken....I grabbed a buncha produce (my main reason for going over there) and also got a good deal on some chicken; whole and parts....I hate drumsticks though; I never buy 'em....
Now what prompted this post was my realization that I may just have too many damn social media accounts....I have my blog (which I LOVE), a twitter account, a Facebook page, a Pinterest account, and a Google+ account that I'm almost sure I didn't want but was forced into....If I had to choose which one to get rid of I would say Facebook, mainly because of the nonsense that reigns on that network day in and day out....I tried once to deactivate my personal page and it deactivated my sewing page too....its almost like you have to deal with bullsh*t to have some happiness...such as life though right?....(shaking my damn head)
So I guess my faves would be my blog, my twitter account, and my Pinterest; in that order....Facebook and Google+ are just residual I guess...Google+ seemed to be forced on me by way of Picasa; a photo editing and sharing account....No matter, I don't overshare on either of them....I'll just keep it that way.....
Been sewing, well serging a little lately too...the other day the sewing bug was biting do I decided to make something simple....I grabbed my trusty old school maxi dress pattern, some knit fabric and on I went to both my machines....I made my super comfortable dress out of red and gray striped knit fabric I grabbed on one of my many trips to my Hancock's Fabrics....I used the rest of the fabric as a head wrap which was right on time with my natural hair journey....I'm getting muscles trying to tame the thickness of my hair nowadays...the wrap allowed for simple styling without all the hassle....I love the easy stuff....I just felt like writing this evening because I probably won't sew until I mop those damn bathrooms tomorrow morning....you make less mistakes when you sew guilt-free (with a clean house)....Well I just have a couple photos to show you and I bid you good people farewell until we "meet" again....
~~MsKRS~~










No comments:

Post a Comment