Thursday, October 10, 2013

It's a bird! It's a plane! Its Super MsKRS!

Good afternoon everybody!...How is everything going?...I hope well; I'm all right except my allergies are once again irritating me....and no one knows why I decided to get not one cat but two knowing how my allergies are (shaking my head in my own disbelief).....I got up and cleaned the barrage of cat hair and other germs from my house yesterday and after that I decided to sew myself an outfit....Sewing is guilt-free when all the other junk is done....
Remember when I said I was going to make a cape for myself?...well I did...I did yesterday...well, its a cape shirt....I had some boucle' I wanted to use initially but when I got ready to sew it up it just screamed blazer and skirt!...I spotted another piece of fabric and then another and I thought hmmmm cape shirt and skirt?....why yes, don't mind if I do.....I was going to make the cape as outerwear but my sewing plans ALWAYS change....the fabric always wants to do something else; and I let it have its way like ALL THE TIME....
For my cape shirt I used a rust-colored pashmina and a silky feeling tie dye fabric for my skirt.....I copped both fabrics from Hancock's.....the skirt is supposed to be A-line but Pink Cookie is such a skinny arse that you can barely tell....it should show better when I wear it...and this button thing?  I have to toot my own horn and say its effortless, for me it really is...Did I mention that I friggin' LOVE this outfit?....for those that don't know me well, retro/vintage is one of my absolute faves....hence even the thought of making a cape....(well besides that fact that Super Girl is another one of my alter egos)....so damned elegant and lady-like....and this outfit (the skirt does) sports three Pantone Fall 2013 colors which are: Koi, Samba, and Carafe....go check 'em out when you get a chance...the Spring 2014 colors are already introduced too!!!!!...If I left anything out or you wanna know more about my new fit let me know...I'm always ready to talk sewing!....got a few pictures for you good people and I'll talk to y'all soon!
P.S. My next post will probably be about our
HAPPY BLACK GIRL End of Summer picnic
coming up this weekend....I'm going to take plenty of photos so y'all don't feel left out....
okay pictures of my Super Girl outfit now!


Side view of my sawweeeeetttt outfit....the arm holes didn't want to show for some reason....
 
 Check out these awesome buttons from my Mama's stash.....

See the colors I mentioned?...


MINE....;)

No comments:

Post a Comment